- Rubbed into the chest, neck or feet this soothing rub provides therapeutic vapours which help clear a stuffy nose, soothes the throat and eases coughs
- helps breathe easier and sleep better
- relieves muscular pains and aches
- can be used as a soothing balm for minor insect bites
- can be used as an inhalant for steam therapy (pls see instructions below)
- Mid-strength - stronger than ‘baby’ chest rubs but still very gentle on most sensitive skin
- Non-greasy and readily absorbed into skin
- Comes in a handy tube - No messy ointment pots or grease under fingernails; just squeeze the right amount from tube
- Suitable for kids (age 12 months & up) and adults.
- Below the age of 12 months, Euky Bearub can be used by putting onto a tissue and placing it near the head of the bed or cot. Although Euky Bearub is a gentle formula, as a precaution we advise not to use directly on baby’s skin unless on the advice of your health professional.
- Safe to use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
How to use Euky Bearub as an inhalant:
Dissolve two teaspoonfuls (8g) of Euky Bearub in a bowl of steaming hot water and inhale vapour, covering head with a towel.
Eucalyptus oil, eucalyptol, menthol, camphor and rosemary oil.
For external use only. Use only as directed. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or in the case of very young children. Keep out of reach of children.
Australia’s My Child Excellence Awardee from 2013 to 2015
Colds & Congestion
Squeeze a small amount (about the size of a fingernail) onto clean fingertips and massage gently into throat, chest and back. Use sparingly on children, add more if necessary. Ideal to use before bed to help keep nasal passages clear and ease coughing for a better night’s sleep.
Note: Below the age of 12 months, Euky Bearub can be used by putting onto a tissue and placing near the head of the bed or cot. Although Euky Bearub is a gentle formula, as a precaution we advise not to use directly on baby’s skin unless on the advice of your health professional.
How to use as inhalant: Dissolve two teaspoonfuls (8g) of Euky Bearub in a bowl of steaming hot water and inhale vapour, covering head with a towel.
Euky Bearub’s active natural ingredients help ease the itch and sting of minor insect bites. First, wash the area in cold running water to remove any toxins from the skin. Pat dry with a clean towel and gently apply Euky Bearub to the site. Do not rub in. Repeat as necessary.
Muscular aches and pains
Euky Bearub is a terrific alternative to heat rubs for relief of muscular pains from flu, rheumatism, fibrosis and lumbago, as well as sprains and strains (after inflammation has settled). Massage into muscles for immediate temporary relief – for extra warmth, apply warm towels on top.
Eucalyptus oil has traditionally been used to relieve the symptoms of respiratory disorders for more than 160 years. But how does it work?
Eucalyptus oil is a “volatile aromatic expectorant”. This means when exposed to heat (such as steam, hot water, or body heat - in an ointment like Euky Bearub) it produces vapours which have an ‘expectorant’ action – similar to the ingredients in chesty cough medicines. Expectorants work by making the body’s mucous secretions thinner and more watery, breaking down congestion and making it easier to expel (cough up).
Eucalyptus oil is also a natural antibacterial and antimicrobial; and its aromatic nature is thought to have therapeutic benefits, too.
The strong, crisp woody scent - when inhaled - helps to instantly clear the head, sharpen and refresh the senses.